1. Kids can sense our enjoyment. Their mission is to put a stop to it. Watching Scandal, hot shower, polishing your nails? Not on their watch!
2. We possess a super power that allows us to function off of little to no sleep at all. We’ve all been there, late nights with a sick kid, up on and off with a new baby, lets not mention teething.
3. We have more patience than we knew was humanly possible. Potty training, temper tantrums and math homework. Yeah, all award worthy stuff.
4. We can love more people at the same time than we ever imagined we could. No favorites over here!
5. Coffee is a mother’s fuel. It is what makes me able to accomplish #2.
6. Being a mom brings out an animal like instinct instantly turning you into Mama Bear when it comes to protecting your young.
7. Having a job prepares you for motherhood. You put most of the skills you learned on the job to good use in your own home.
8. You wear many, many hats as a mom. Chauffeur, nurse, event planner, counselor, cook, teacher and maid.
9. Being a mother makes you resourceful. You will learn 1000 different uses for pipe cleaners while trying to find ways to entertain your kids.
10. No matter how awesome your life was before, it’s 100 times better once you’re a mom.